It is important to have friends.However,it is just as important to be aware of the nature of each friendship in your life.When you maintain friendships with clarity and boundaries, it can improve your life in a number of ways. A rare friend is all about a friendship that deals with situations that are rare and often heart breaking. At times, we make friends during the times of hardship and trouble.We make friends for certain reasons,you don't just make friends anyhow, it could be from sharing a common experience or having the same hobby .True friendships are admittedly rare, but they are possible if you know how to be one yourself and what to expect from others.
Now,let take a look at the three types of friends
(1) Comrades : are individuals who are against what you are against.They will be with you as long as you are both fighting a common enemy. Comrades will leave you once the joint enemy has been defeated.They were only with you for certain reason.They can be valuable in helping you to overcome shared problems.
(2) Confidents : These are the most precious of friends.These friendship are marked by their intimacy and level of shared trust,and often remain part of our lives for a long time. They are there for you regardless of the situation.They love you unconditionally.They do not leave when difficulties arises. Confidents allow you to confide in them and support your dreams,and they are deeply connected to you.
(3) Constituents: They are not loyal to you personally but they do share allegiance with your mission.If they meet someone who can further their own goals better than you can they will leave you. WHO IS A TRUE FRIEND? They are someone who stands up for you.When others try to hurt you emotionally or physically.They do everything they can to make sure you stay safe.
CHARACTERISTICS OF TRUE FRIENDSHIP
1) Patience: True friends are patient with each other:Being patient means enduring the trails and inconveniences of life as well as perceived foibles of other people,and doing this while maintaining a positive and loving attitude.
2) Gratitude: People who appreciate their friendship are thankful for eachother: Because of this they never take each other for granted.
3) Selflessness:Being selfless can be a real challenge because it requires us to put the interests of others ahead of our own wants and needs .
4) Forgiveness: I have seen friendships torn aparta because each party refused to forgive.I have known people who harbored grudges not just for years,but decades.The willingness to forgive repentant friends is essential to lasting relationships.
5)Honesty: True friends are honest with each other even when it is uncomfortable to do so. A true friend will love you enough to tell you the truth you don't want to hear when that is necessary.
A true friend is not just a person who shares your interests. Infact, shared interests aren't even the most important element of a friendship.The key to true friendship can be found in 1 John 3:18 which says :"Little children,let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth."
What's Your Reaction?